The Church of Dasmarinas:
The Church of Dasmarinas
Other Pictures of the Church:
About the Cathedral: The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar or more properly knows as the Imus Cathedral was founded in 1795 as a Parochial Church by the Augustinian Recollect priests under the patronage of Nuestra Señora del Pilar (Our Lady of the Pillar) and St. John the Baptist, and by the administration of Fr. Francisco de Santiago, OAR, as its first Parish Priest.
In 1823, the church was moved from Toclong to Balangon (present-day Imus Town Proper), where it currently stands. The present Baroque church is made of stone and bricks and was built under Fr. Nicolas Becerra, OAR, who served from 1821 to 1840. The church was administered by the Secular priests in 1897. On November 25, 1961, the birth of the Diocese of Imus, the church was declared a Cathedral and the Seat of the Diocese of Imus. It became the Mother Church of the Province of Cavite, with Nuestra Señora del Pilar as the Titular Patroness Saint of the Diocese of Imus, and of the whole Province of Cavite. (History of Imus Cathedral from http://www.wowcavite.com)
The Cathedral of Imus:
Cathedral of Imus
Where is the Cathedral Located: The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar or Imus Cathedral is located in Imus Town Proper. Beside it is Imus Plaza and in front is the Municpal Hall and Imus Park.
Other Pictures of the Cathedral:
First built in 1611 by Franciscan Missionaries. Rebuilt in stone in 1769, repaired and enlarged in 1834 and in 1893. Partially damaged during the earthquake of July 18,1880. The Facade was rebuilt in 1881, beatified in 1885.
The Church is where the Banda Matanda practiced the Marcha Filipina before it was played for the Declaration of Philippine Independe by General Aguinaldo in Kawit.
The Saint Francis of Assisi Parish Church is located at the Poblacion. General Trias is 35 Kilometers from Manila. It is beside the General Trias Town Plaza. For a more detailed link to the Church, click on: Google Map of the Saint Francis of Assisi Church.