The Church of San Mateo:
About the Church: The First Concrete Church was built in 1715 and destroyed by an Earthquake in 1863. The Church was rebuilt in 1887 and once again destroyed during World War II. On February 2004, the Church was declared a Diocesan Shrine by the Vatican and is the sister Parish of the Basilica of Aranzazu in Spain. The Image of the Virgin Mary was brought by the Jesuits to the Philippines, it came from the town of Aranzazu, Nueva Viscaya in Spain.
How to Get there: The Church is located in the Town of San Mateo. Click here for the Map for the Church.